Friday, April 16, 2010

TV week of the 17th

I watched a bunch of cool stuff this week that I want to share with you guys.

First thing was on Sunday, usually a terrible day for TV. Minute to Win It, a new game show centered around minute-long challenges, pleasently surprised me. The premiss is sound and the games are actually quite complelling (and difficult!). Guy Fierri (maybe spelled wrong there?) is actually a real good host. He is much better at game shows than he is at showcasing food. I also watched a fair amount of Sasuke this week (ninja warrior for you american types), and I am as happy to watch it as ever. I think I'll make a post later this week relating the two shows. I have a few things to say about it.

I watched V again this week, and I am still very pleased with the show. The production is top notch, and the story is still compelling week after week. I find myself becoming more and more annoyed at the female lead, but I'm sure I'm in the minority. She's a good actor, but her constant angry expression just grates on me. Anyway, watch this show. It's that good.

I was a bit dissapointed with American Idol this week. They got rid of my boy Andrew Garcia, but I guess he really was in the bottom two of that group. I feel like he never quite lived up to his potential and I'm curious to know why. My pick to win at this point is Lee Dwyze (spelling again?). Oh and Adam Lambert was really good. I'm glad he toned done the performance a bit and let his insane talent shine rather than some flashy act.

Well, I think that's all for now. I'll probably have two posts in the next few days. One on all the mma productions that have been occuring recently and one on the two game shows I mentioned. And I want to see Kick Ass and Death at a Funeral. Later all.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment